Saturday, August 29, 2009

Trying Oh So Hard to be Good


My loving friends have pointed out that I don't appear to be spending as much time resting as one probably should so soon after surgery. It's true. So now I'm trying oh so hard to be good.

I spent a couple of warm, sunny hours in Woodinville with friend Debby. We enjoyed looking at the bursting-with-health overpriced plants at Molbak's Nursery, then we bought gorgeous fruits and vegetables from the farmers at the Saturday Market. I came home and rested (applause, please!), then fried up a couple of the biggest beefsteak tomatoes you've ever seen, adding onions and potatoes and a couple of sausages. This being a Guy House, there was even a little bacon fat to flavor it all up. I ate a small portion, in keeping with my resolve to eat less, move more, and rest more. The guys were as appreciative as if I'd spent the day slaving over a Martha Stewart recipe. Come to think of it, they probably liked this English blue collar "fry-up" better than they would have like a Martha concoction.

So here is a picture of the rest of my afternoon and evening. See? Even Oliver is bored. He's watching reruns on TV! But we're being oh so good. We're resting.

No comments: