Thursday, August 20, 2009

Read that Used Parts List

I got a surprise this morning after my post-op visit with the surgeon. He gave me a "Post Surgical Report" with a list of 10 bits and pieces removed and their condition (kind of the way auto shops give back your used parts, I suppose.) Number 10 on the list: "Appendix." Whaaa?

I called the nurse to see if that is THE appendix, the one that often gives people (especially in my family) so much trouble. "Why yes, she said, Yes it is."

Well whaddya know? I got a bonus operation along with my big one. Kewl. One less thing to worry about.

See? It's good to read those used parts lists!

4 comments:

Martin said...

Oil and filters changed? As you say, so cool to have one's appendix out at the same time. Trust there was no extra charge.
Martin

:: the monkey pod :: said...

I am just dying right now, dying of LAUGHTER! Well, do you feel lighter? ;) ~Mina

Bemused Boomer said...

As one of my sisters said, "It must have been part of the fall special..." As soon as I can stand up straight, I'll find out if I feel any lighter!

What really cracks me up is that no one thought to TELL me. If I wasn't a compulisve reader, I still wouldn't know! I think you'd want to be able to tell a Dr. when you're in the ER: "Don't waste time looking for acute appendicitis, Doc, I don't have one!"

TourAbsurd said...

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/082509/emergency-appendectomy.gif