Monday, June 20, 2011

That MUST be it!

The Desert Sun is my local newspaper here in the desert. It's a skinny little thing, especially in summer after the snowbirds leave and it's just us locals they're advertising to. Having a skinny little newspaper tempts me to read every little article just to have enough reading material to get through my morning coffee.

I recently found a four-inch article (that would have only merited an inch in a larger paper) saying that my Del Webb retirement community made the short list in "Where to Retire" magazine's "Fifty Best Master-Planned Communities in the United States," which has a circulation of 200,000 nationwide. That's a jump up from its 2008 rating in the top 100.

I wonder what changed? The development hasn't added anything major and doesn't seem to be doing anything differently. Oh, but of course. 2009 is when I moved here.

That must be it.

1 comment:

melgrieves said...

Definitely!