Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Saturday Morning Full of Good Intentions

Darn. Another Saturday morning full of unrealized good intentions.

My short list had at least four semi-important items to be completed by 11 a.m., when the desert temperature climbs above 90 degrees (OK for hanging out at the pool, not so good for dragging propane tanks to the gas station for refill.) All I've actually accomplished is walking the dog. I watched a fun new TV show I TiVoed last night ("CHAOS," if you're interested, but don't get me started talking about it) although I'm not sure that counts as an accomplishment. It might even be an anti-accomplishment.

How does this Saturday morning sloth happen? Maybe 49 years of Monday-through-Friday have permanently altered my bio-clock to the point that I'll never be able to take Saturdays seriously again.

The only thing I can think of is that I must feel like I've already accomplished a lot today, including plenty of social interaction. For that I blame my computers, iPhone, FaceBook account, NetFlix, TiVo, Roku, and even my lowly landline phone. I'm so busy, busy, busy I must be accomplishing something, don't you think? Apparently, some part of my psyche labors under that misconception.

I do have a meeting to go to today that requires real, face-to-face social interaction. It's a roundtable my writer's guild is putting on about self-publishing. I'll hustle myself down there, hope I can remember how to socialize in person, and learn how to publish my writing--if I ever get away from said electronic devices to do any!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Need 'like' button.