Saturday, February 14, 2009

No More Frankenstein Belly

Hooray! For the first time in the two months he's been with me, Scruffdog has no stitches in belly! Little Scruffdog Milagro is a miraculous healer, given enough drugs and a properly-executed surgery. He now has a little pink belly that he wants to have rubbed almost constantly, and he tosses and shakes his squeaky toy for a half an hour at a time. His rapidly growing hair stands up on his head like a spikey 1980s punk rocker hair-do.

Now that he's feeling better and doesn't need to be held and to sleep 23 hours a day, we'll see if I can keep up with him. He scoots along on three legs (the other healed crookedly from a break and he tends to hold it up when he wants to get moving) faster than I can walk. We both need to build stamina--I suspect it will take me longer than him.

If you see a woman flying along at the end of the leash of a little spikey-haired dog, that'll be me. Just wave as we go by!